Ch Ch Ch Changes!  

Posted by Tim Justynski

OK, its has been a long time since I have written. I think about writing all the time, but there never seems to be enough time in the day. I am going to try to be better.

I have a lot to write about tonight, but before I do I wanted to tie up a loose end. Vicky and I are still doing the South Beach Lifestyle. I say lifestyle, because it has changed the whole way we look at food and how we eat. Anyhow, the scale read 186 lbs this morning. I have been holding steady for about a month now, as I have not been all that good lately. But the good news is that I am not gaining anything back. I went in for an annual check-up last week, and I impressed my Dr. This time last year, he said I weighed 219. Which as of today would mean that I lost 34 lbs. (not to shabby!) Vicky is doing well too. She will not tell me how much she has lost, but she is wearing clothes that I haven't seen her in since before we got married. She is actually out tonight shopping for more work clothes because what she has now does not fit her anymore.

It has now been a week since we elected a new president. Last Tuesday the country spoke, and spoke clearly. It absolutely astonished me! I have never been as proud to be an American as I was that day. It was Democracy at its best! Now, I would like to quote something that my cousin TJ wrote on his myspace blog. I don't think I could say it any better:

"In our generation we have seen no great war, we have seen no great depression, and in my eyes we are the most over looked people in American history. As much as I hate to say this, our generation is nothing but the most credit card charging, over drinking, drug using, and not giving a shit people, in US history. Finally in a state of finding ourselves, our generation spoke out. We have the first black president. I say this aloud for everyone to hear. If it were up to our parents and grandparents this would never happen, yes we can say the minorities had something to do with this, but it was everyone as a whole. Now my friends who are not white can look their children in the eyes and tell them you can be what ever you want to be, even president. I thought McCain should be president, just for the fact that they both had pros and cons, but obama's views attacked me more on a personal level. I am very happy with what has happen, we have a president who is not corrupted by a fortune 500 company, whos not a military brat, or an oil tycoon. I believe our president should have military background, but his VP has it for him, and I am ok with that. THE REASON FOR WRITING THIS IS SIMPLE, FOR ONCE IN THE LAST 10 YEARS MY GENERATION STOOD TOGETHER AND DID WHAT THEY THOUGHT WAS RIGHT. IT SHOWED OUR PARENTS THAT WE CAN STAND TOGETHER AND THIS COUNTRY WILL BE UNITED UNDER ONE FLAG. THE FUTURE IS NOW FOR US, WE ARE THE FUTURE AND WE MADE IT KNOWN ON THIS NIGHT. I THANK ALL OF YOU VERY MUCH."

Thanks TJ for those inspiring words, and for the record, I am not sure if he was sober when he wrote that. Oh and Happy Birthday by the way!

I can only hope that we are on our way to a "more perfect union".

Just a couple more things that have been on my mind.

So we decide to "bail out" the US banks by giving them 700 Billion Dollars. OK, now what? Supposedly they were to take the money and start lending to people again. WRONG! They are not doing so. They are hording it all. As a matter of fact, I got a letter in the mail yesterday from Wells Fargo Financial telling me that they were going to raise the interest rate on my credit card by 10 points. They said they lend on a "risk factor" basis and that I was a risk. Are you kidding me? I have never been late on a payment, and in fact my credit score has gone up since I opened that account. (Needless to say I am canceling that card and not paying the higher interest rate.) Last I heard the Govt was urging them to start lending the money again, but I have my doubts about that.

Now there is a talk about bailing out the Auto industry. Huh? While I feel sorry for the employees, I do not think we should do it! Where does it stop? Starbuck's reports a 97% decrease of net income for their 4th quarter. Does that mean we should bail them out too? Don't get me wrong, I love my Non-Fat Venti White Mocha (no whip) Lattes but come on! Oh and the Detroit Lions are 0-9 this year, should we bail them out so they can afford to buy better players? We will have to! Because if you bail one company or industry out, there will be another one asking for hand outs. I just see no end to this cycle.

OK, enough! I have said my peace.

That's all for now, I need to watch some football and enjoy my Latte!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 7:39 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

They better bail out Starbucks. Without Starbucks I will CEASE to exist. Or at least cease to exist as the Jenn everyone knows and loves...

November 12, 2008 at 11:12 AM

Post a Comment